A lot of information can be found regarding women’s obesity, but men lately in no way inferior to women in matters of overweight. The only mechanisms of obesity in women and men are different. First of all, the researchers found that the treatment of obesity among men is directly associated with the normalization of the level of the main male sex hormone – testosterone.
As a rule, young men are mostly owners of broad shoulders and muscular torso. But at some point, usually after age 30, there is nowhere tummy and female breasts, buttocks and thighs too fat gutter. This phenomenon even has a medical name – “age hypogonadism.” It means it decreases testosterone production. That is in addition to the love of the couch, beer and greasy food, obesity in men are as much to blame for changes in the endocrine system.
Diseases as the Causes of Obesity
Of course, the reduction of sex hormones may also affect endogenous factors:
- coronary heart disease;
- frequent reception of various drugs.
That is, the weaker the immune system, the more harmful lifestyle are men (smoking, fatty foods, alcohol and beer), the more likely that the body of his situation arises favorable to lower testosterone levels. By the way, another powerful factor negatively affecting the health of men is chronic stress. Yes, the stronger sex, too, needs rest and support.
Undoubtedly, the health of a man is always in his hands, and not to become a victim of obesity, it is necessary to know some truths ascribed. First of all, it is necessary to monitor the weight, for instance at the waist volume, which normally should not exceed 94 cm.
If it is more – it means obesity. If more than 102 cm waist, it is likely to be the case of testosterone deficiency.
In the case of obese women, some scientists believe that a woman’s body is able to store fat in reserve. This is due to the fact that the nature of the woman destined to give birth, and in the event of an emergency situation the body will store fat so that even in extreme conditions, a woman could reproduce offspring.
In the adipose tissue of the stronger sex, testosterone and androstenedione are converted into the female sex hormones – estradiol and estrone. This process leads to a decrease in testosterone levels.
The fall of levels of the male sex hormone not only leads to obesity, but also entails a radical change in the character and behavior of men. Reduced efficiency, lethargy, and apathy, passive way of life, TV or computer – all this is instead of walking or sports. All of this – is a sure sign of low testosterone levels.
Here are some strict guidelines that must be observed by men in the first place in obesity:
- Changing the diet. More fruits and cereals. Lean meats and fish. Avoid alcohol completely, fast food, beer. Very severely limit sweet and flour. These recommendations are general in nature, and the right thing would be to contact a dietitian.
- Sport should be an integral part of life. You do not need to spend the night in a rocking chair; it is much more useful to be running, swimming or preventive training in the sports` hall.
- Hardening. This is important in order to strengthen the immune system and as little as possible to take various pills, especially antibiotics.
- A reasonable work and rest mode. Do not bring themselves to exhaustion and job stress. This also leads to a reduction of testosterone in the blood and as a consequence – obesity. Rest is best in nature, active rather than lying on the couch.
The question arises – how to live now and what to do? And the answer is categorical – to completely change the way of life. If the waist is close to the mark of 94 cm, it is time to work on you.